Nuffnang Ad

Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

It's my birthday and I wanted to make a wish.  I recalled a Pinoy belief that upon entering a church where you've never been before, knock and make a wish and this will surely be granted.  Hence, I decided to look for an unchartered church in Antipolo by Google search.  The Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary captured my eyes; thus, I looked for directions via the Google map. 


Jun, Bea, Jr, our nephew, and I bravely went  directly to the Hinulugang Taktak Rd., Antipolo via Sumulong Highway where the Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is located. 

we took the Sumulong H-way
turned right at the Hinulugang Taktak road
in the Y intersection, we followed this sign thereon.


to our right , we found the
Hinulugan Taktak National Park 

after a few meters, we found  to our left the
Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

It's a new church as we found a simple and small temporary chapel while the actual church is still being constructed nearby. 


the chapel

the main altar


at the right side of the main altar, there was the image
of the Immaculate Heart of Mary


at the other side, was the image of the
Immaculate Heart of Jesus


by this picture, you'll be able to estimate the
capacity of the chapel


There's a garden at the back of the chapel wherein one could meditate and pray whole-heartedly. The place was so serene and quiet.   
at our back is the hidden garden


To my amazement, I forgot to knock and make a wish when I entered the chapel.   It was only after praying and taking pictures that I was reminded that I was there for my wish.  :-)  I immediately went back to the chapel and did the ritual. 

I hope my wish would still be granted though.  My wish?  hihihi...  Secret.  :-)   

on our way back, we bought some  'suman'
and cashew nuts from the numerous stalls
lined up along the streets of
Antipolo